from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to marriage or the relationship of spouses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to marriage, or the relationship of spouses
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to marriage; suitable or appropriate to the marriage state or to married persons; matrimonial; connubial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to marriage; of the nature of marriage; matrimonial; nuptial: as, a conjugal union; the conjugal relation.
- Pertaining to the relation, of husband and wife; arising from or proper to marriage; connubial; individually, marital or wifely.
- Synonyms Connubial, Nuptial, etc. See matrimonial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to marriage or to the relationship between a wife and husband
Latin coniugālis, from coniūnx, coniug-, spouse, from coniungere, to join in marriage; see conjoin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)