American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Containing intricately combined or involved parts.
- adj. Not easy to understand or analyze. See Synonyms at complex, elaborate.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Composed of interconnected parts; not simple; complex; complicate.
- Consisting of many parts or particulars not easily separable in thought; difficult to analyze or separate into its parts; hard to understand, explain, etc.; involved; intricate; confused.
- Synonyms Complex, etc. See intricate.
- adj. difficult or convoluted
- adj. Biology Folded longitudinally (as in the wings of certain insects)
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of complicate.
- adj. difficult to analyze or understand
“Basson ascribed the long delay in sorting out the matter to what he described as complicated labour laws.”
“Her hair is short and easy, her expression complicated—self-conscious and shy, pleased and patient under the assault of our eyes.”
“Hezbollah's chief says they're holding him after what he described as a complicated security operation.”
“Fisher says talks are ongoing in what he calls a complicated process.”
“They claimed they hadn't been given enough time or resources to prepare an adequate defense against what they describe as a complicated financial fraud case.”
“The St. Louis County Municipal League's Executive Director, Tim Fischesser, voiced his concerns about what he called a complicated piece of legislation.”
“Ames said he still wants to learn more about RPS, which he describes as complicated, but said he could see the benefits to joining with other cities in a collaborative effort.”
“CNBC calculated the figure based on what it described as a complicated cocktail of budgeted dollars, actual spending, guarantees, loans, swaps and other market mechanisms by the Federal Reserve, the Treasury and other offices of government.”
“And the only thing I find "complicated" is the fact you didn't pay your taxes and I, among millions, are paying the salary of a tax cheat.”
“It's a government agency, "complicated" is a given!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘complicated’.
Words to describe John Everett Millais' Ophelia
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Some words of from XTC songs that I like or for some reason stand out. That and a dollar will get you a ride on the bus.
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
nouns or verbs used when the meaning fits better
Looking for tweets for complicated.