from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing intricately combined or involved parts.
- adj. Not easy to understand or analyze. See Synonyms at complex, elaborate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. difficult or convoluted
- adj. Folded longitudinally (as in the wings of certain insects)
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of complicate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Composed of interconnected parts; not simple; complex; complicate.
- Consisting of many parts or particulars not easily separable in thought; difficult to analyze or separate into its parts; hard to understand, explain, etc.; involved; intricate; confused.
- Synonyms Complex, etc. See intricate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. difficult to analyze or understand
Sorry, no etymologies found.