from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of Gordian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Gordius, king of Phrygia, or to a knot tied by him; hence, intricate; complicated; inextricable.
- adj. Pertaining to the Gordiacea.
- n. One of the Gordiacea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Gordius, the first king of Phrygia
- In heraldry, a name sometimes given to the Navarre knot, or the figure of interlinked chains which forms the bearing of the kings of Navarre.
- n. [lowercase] A complication; a Gordian knot.
- n. [⟨ Gordius + -an.] A hairworm; one of the Gordiidæ.
- To tie or bind up; knot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. extremely intricate; usually in phrase `Gordian knot'
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Which produces something of a gordian knot of numbering schemes if Marvel ever decides to reset Iron Man's numbering.
Dan, you really don't have a clue. if Pubicola is a news 'rag', then a little research would go a long way to informing the story. gordian
I would state it as there is a difference between public demand (signing petitions) and market demand (no other options due to cost). gordian
We all benefit from your leadership, creativity and commitment. gordian
It's certainly not optimal, but it usually does beat 1st or 3rd during downtown rush hours .. gordian
Then we can see in plain view if their ideas really work or not. gordian
The gordian knot of internal politics will determine the outcome, and given the relative importance of SC to the national scene, the nuance and subtlety associated with that process will be rightfully ignored.
So if you are the plaintiff from California and the Government introduces that as an argument, you ask the court how – exactly — do they rule in order to untie that gordian knot?
It's also the most quick and efficient way to get to and through downtown Seattle for westside folks - so of course it's gonna have to go! gordian
All these plan B options are gordian knots that will take years of resolve.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.