from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of Gordian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Gordius, king of Phrygia, or to a knot tied by him; hence, intricate; complicated; inextricable.
- adj. Pertaining to the Gordiacea.
- n. One of the Gordiacea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Gordius, the first king of Phrygia
- In heraldry, a name sometimes given to the Navarre knot, or the figure of interlinked chains which forms the bearing of the kings of Navarre.
- n. [lowercase] A complication; a Gordian knot.
- n. [⟨ Gordius + -an.] A hairworm; one of the Gordiidæ.
- To tie or bind up; knot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. extremely intricate; usually in phrase `Gordian knot'
Sorry, no etymologies found.