from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of entangle.
- adj. tangled or twisted together
- adj. confused or complicated
- adj. (of two quantum states) correlated, even though physically separated; (referring to a state of a composite system) not separable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. in a confused mass. Contrasted with
- adj. deeply involved especially in something problematic.
- adj. constrained by or as if by a convoluted rope or net; ensnared.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry, same as fretted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. twisted together in a tangled mass
- adj. deeply involved especially in something complicated
- adj. involved in difficulties
Sorry, no etymologies found.