from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, characteristic of, or befitting sisters or a sister.
- adv. As a sister.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a sister or sisters.
- adv. In the manner of a sister, behaving as one would expect of a sister; as a sister, as sisters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a sister; becoming a sister, affectionate
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, characteristic of, or befitting a sister.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. like or characteristic of or befitting a sister
From sister + -ly. (Wiktionary)