from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined or given to praying frequently; devout.
- adj. Typical or indicative of prayer, as a mannerism, gesture, or facial expression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to prayer; praying much or often; devotional.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Praying much; devout.
- Devotional; given to prayer; occupied with prayer: as, a prayerful spirit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. disposed to pray or appearing to pray
From prayer + -ful. (Wiktionary)