from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Gathering fragments of wool torn from sheep by bushes, etc.
- n. Indulging in idle fancies or daydreams.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Indulging in a vagrant or idle exercise of the imagination; roaming upon a fruitless quest; idly fanciful.
- n. Indulgence in idle imagination; a foolish or useless pursuit or design.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of gathering wool: usually applied figuratively to the indulgence of idle fancies or to any foolish or fruitless pursuit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an idle indulgence in fantasy
- adj. dreamy in mood or nature
Sorry, no etymologies found.