from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Using or able to use two languages, especially with equal or nearly equal fluency.
- adj. Using two languages in some proportion in order to facilitate learning by students who have a native proficiency in one language and are acquiring proficiency in the other: bilingual training; bilingual education.
- adj. Of, relating to, or expressed in two languages: a bilingual dictionary.
- n. A person who uses or is able to use two languages, especially with equal fluency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the ability to speak two languages
- adj. Spoken or written in two different languages
- adj. Characterized by the use or presence of two languages
- n. A person who is bilingual.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing, or consisting of, two languages; expressed in two languages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing or expressed in two languages; recorded in two versions of different language.
- Speaking two languages or a mixture of two.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. using or knowing two languages
- n. a person who speaks two languages fluently
bi- + lingual (Wiktionary)