from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Using or knowing only one language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. knowing, or using a single language
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Using or knowing only one language. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. using or knowing only one language
- n. a person who knows only one language
mono- + lingual (Wiktionary)