from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, intended for, or being the early years of childhood that precede the beginning of elementary school.
- n. A school for children who are not old enough to attend kindergarten; a nursery school.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to early childhood, especially to those years before attendance at primary school
- n. A nursery school
- v. To provide nursery school education for.
- v. To undergo nursery school education.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an educational institution for children too young for elementary school
Sorry, no etymologies found.