from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cool (a liquid) below a transition temperature without the transition occurring, especially to cool below the freezing point without solidification.
- intransitive v. To become supercooled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cool a material below its transition temperature without that transition occurring
- adj. Very cool; thoroughly excellent, relaxed, or fashionable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cool (a liquid) below its freezing-point without producing solidification. Also overcool and undercool.
super- + cool (Wiktionary)