from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A prismatoid having polygons with the same number of sides as bases, and faces that are parallelograms or trapezoids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A prismatoid that has planar sides, and the same number of vertices in both of its parallel planes
- n. An antiprism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A body that approaches to the form of a prism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A body that approaches to the form of a prism; a prismatoid.
- n. A prismatoid whose base and top have the same number of sides, and every corresponding pair parallel. See prismatoid, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a prismatoid whose bases are polygons having the same number of sides and whose other faces are trapezoids or parallelograms
prism + -oid.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)