American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A polyhedron all of whose vertices lie in one of two parallel planes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A solid having two parallel polygonal bases connected by triangular faces. If A and C are the areas of the bases of a prismatoid, and B that of the section halfway between them, then, h being the altitude, August's formula for the solid contents is ⅙ h (A + 4B + C).
- n. A term used by N. Story Maskelyne for a crystal form whose faces are parallel to one of the crystallographic axes while meeting the other two axes.
- n. a polyhedron whose vertices all lie in one or the other of two parallel planes; the faces that lie in those planes are the bases of the prismatoid
- Greek prīsma, prīsmat-, prism + -oid. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘prismatoid’.
This sentence no verb.
Looking for tweets for prismatoid.