from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a sheen or glow.
- adj. Gleaming with or as if with brilliant light; radiant. See Synonyms at bright.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a glow.
- adj. As if shining with a brilliant light; radiant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bright; shining; luminous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Giving out or shedding light, as the sun or a fire; bright; brilliant; luminous: chiefly used figuratively.
- Reflecting light; having a brilliant surface.
- Synonyms Radiant, brilliant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. brilliant
- adj. made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow
- adj. reflecting light
Sorry, no etymologies found.