from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lustrous; glistening.
- n. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Jew.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Jew.
- adj. having a sheen; glossy
- adj. Bright; shining; radiant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bright; shining; radiant; sheen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bright; glittering; shining; beautiful.
- n. A sharp fellow: specifically applied opprobriously to Jews: also used attributively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. reflecting light
- n. (ethnic slur) offensive term for a Jew
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Origin unknown. (Wiktionary)
From sheen + -y. (Wiktionary)