from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being such that a cure is impossible; not curable: an incurable disease.
- adj. Incapable of being altered, as in disposition or habits: an incurable optimist; an incurable smoker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of an illness, condition, etc, that cannot be cured; healless.
- n. One who cannot be cured.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not capable of being cured; beyond the power of skill or medicine to remedy.
- adj. Not admitting or capable of remedy or correction; irremediable; remediless.
- n. A person diseased beyond cure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not curable; beyond the power of skill or medicine: as, an incurable disease.
- Not admitting correction: as, incurable evils.
- n. A person diseased beyond the possibility of cure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unalterable in disposition or habits
- adj. incapable of being cured
- n. a person whose disease is incurable
Sorry, no etymologies found.