from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A patient who is admitted to a hospital or clinic for treatment that requires at least one overnight stay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A patient whose treatment needs at least one night's residence in a hospital; a hospitalized patient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A patient who receives lodging and food, as well as treatment, in a hospital or an infirmary; -- distinguished from
- n. a patient who receives lodging and food, as treatment, in a hospital or an infirmary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A patient who is lodged and fed as well as treated in a hospital or infirmary. See out-patient.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a patient who is residing in the hospital where he is being treated
Sorry, no etymologies found.