from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A patient who is admitted to a hospital or clinic for treatment that requires at least one overnight stay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A patient whose treatment needs at least one night's residence in a hospital; a hospitalized patient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A patient who receives lodging and food, as well as treatment, in a hospital or an infirmary; -- distinguished from
- n. a patient who receives lodging and food, as treatment, in a hospital or an infirmary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A patient who is lodged and fed as well as treated in a hospital or infirmary. See out-patient.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a patient who is residing in the hospital where he is being treated
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The psychology practicum student will be afforded the opportunity to develop skills in inpatient consultation with a rehabilitation population, including inpatient children and adolescents and their families.
After threats to run away, he cooperated with his admission to an adolescent long-term inpatient unit.
CHRISTUS Marian Center, the Salt Lake Valley's premier long-term inpatient acute psychiatric program, with its 12 psychiatric beds.
� Use the latest assessment tools, clinical interventions and treatments with outpatient, short-term rehabilitation and long-term inpatient populations
The pain is moving up her leg, so Connors is considering a long-term inpatient program: one to three months of hospitalization.
Services, which recommended two long-term inpatient treatment programs, Akeela House and
COUNSELOR for long-term inpatient male/female facility long term chemical dependency treatment fa
These clinics have served about 20,000 people this year alone, offering basic ambulatory and short-term inpatient care, perinatal and maternal care, immunizations, pediatric care and emergency transport.
On-The-Spot for long-term inpatient male/female facility long term chemical dependency treatment fa
The center, run by Missouri-based Bridgeway Behavioral Health near Wendover Avenue in High Point, opened in June to provide long-term inpatient detox and rehabilitation for drug and alcohol addictions.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.