from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the appearance of millet seeds.
- adj. Pathology Characterized by the presence of small skin lesions that have the size and appearance of millet seeds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to millet seeds
- adj. Having small lesions that are the shape and size of millet seeds
- n. One of the small tubercles of Echinus sea urchins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like millet seeds.
- adj. Accompanied with an eruption like millet seeds.
- adj. Small and numerous.
- n. One of the small tubercles of Echini.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling millet-seeds, especially in size (about one or two millimeters in diameter); accompanied by formations of this size: as, miliary glands; miliary tuberculosis; miliary fever. See gland, tuberculosis, fever.
- n. In the Echinoidea, one of the very small tubercles on the surface of the test which serve as bases for the lesser spines.
From Middle English miliaris, miliari, skin disease characterized by miliary eruptions, from Medieval Latin miliāris, from Latin miliārius, of millet, from milium, millet; see millet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin miliārius < milium. (Wiktionary)