from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to an image that lacks fine detail.
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to an output device, such as a printer, whose images do not contain a large number of dots per unit of area and therefore lack sharpness.
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to a raster-based image that does not contain a large number of pixels per unit of area.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. producing images that are not sharply defined; -- of optical instruments or image display devices. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of computer output devices; producing images that are not sharply defined
Sorry, no etymologies found.