American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having no date whatsoever.
- adj. So ancient that no date can be determined.
- adj. Having no limits in time; timeless.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no date; bearing nothing to indicate its date.
- Not distinguishable or divisible by dates; without incident; eventless.
- So old or far distant in time as to be undatable; of indefinitely long duration.
- adj. Out of one's head; deranged.
- adj. UK, dialect, slang thick-headed
- adj. Without a date imprinted, assigned, or associated.
- adj. Having no date—a meeting with a lover or potential lover.
- adj. Timeless; immortal
- adj. Without a start; immemorial
- adj. archaic Without an end; endless
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Without date; having no fixed time.
- adj. not having a social companion for an occasion.
- adj. of such great duration as to preclude the possibility of being assigned a date
- adj. not bearing a date
- adj. unaffected by time
- adj. having no known beginning and presumably no end
- Coined between 1585 and 1595 from date + -less (Wiktionary)
“Now I was going to be known as the dateless chick, the four-eyed freaky one, the less-than-zero girl.”
“That's what they think men are -- and that is why they will remain dateless. posted by sydney on”
“I wouldn't write it now, though, I'd write it when I'm 30 ... or pushing 30, and still "dateless".”
“After Jake Gyllenhaal's breakup with Taylor Swift, you might think he'd be dateless for this year's Golden Globes.”
“After Jake Gyllenhaal s breakup with Taylor Swift, you might think he d be dateless for this year s Golden Globes.”
“The play evokes that early, bewildering period where no one really understood what was happening, bringing with it the memory of "precious friends hid in death's dateless night.”
“I've been dateless for a while so I'd be happy to take any of the above mentioned guys home!”
“As I entered, I immediately ran into two women who had been among my idols at a time when I felt charmless, cliqueless and dateless.”
“And I know from my own experience, you know, being a tragically dateless and very strange adolescent ...”
“Jack is supposed to be so stuck in a dateless rut that his friends take drastic action.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dateless’.
Words ending with *more or *less, more or less. Many of theses terms also appear on the list The -less Said, which see.
Looking for tweets for dateless.