from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of printing from an intaglio plate, etched according to a photographic image.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An intaglio process for printing photographic reproductions in newspapers and books.
- n. A print so made.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A photoengraving; also, the process by which such a picture is produced.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of producing on metal, by an application of the action of light on a sensitized surface, often supplemented by etching, an incised engraved plate for printing.
- To produce in photogravure.
- n. A print taken from a photograph upon copper, etched with acid, and produced by the copperplate process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. printing from an intaglio plate prepared by photographic methods
- n. an intaglio print produced by gravure
- n. using photography to produce a plate for printing
Sorry, no etymologies found.