Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. . The act of laying in a grave; burial.
- n. The act of engraving, or of cutting lines or figures in metal, stone, wood, etc.
- n. 3. That which is graved or carved; an engraving.
- n. Inscription or impression, as upon the mind or heart.
- n. The act of cleaning a ship's bottom by scraping, burning, etc.
- v. present participle of grave.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of cleaning a ship's bottom.
- n. The act or art of carving figures in hard substances, especially by incision or in intaglio.
- n. rare That which is graved or carved.
- n. Impression, as upon the mind or heart.
“There are the unkin, people who, through a traumatic or transcendent experience, become dislodged from reality, discovering their true name--their 'graving'--and becoming gods, angels and demons.”
“There always someone graving foa a position that makes them selfis and liers ...”
“And he received the gold at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool and made a molten calf, and they said, “This is your god, O Israel, that brought you up out of Egypt.””
“And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.”
“It is time to send the President defense budgets that have entire programs terminated, sort of like during the Korean War, when the GOP scrapped the USS America in its graving dock.”
“Chris Weitz Movie something different than other Directors movie,they always trying to graving a massage to public.”
“The work of the graving-tool alone would be too pale; there must be poured into the channel a concentrated prose which bites.”
“Bridges, tunnels, scows, tugs, graving docks, container ships, all the great works of transport, trade and linkage were directed in the end to this culminating structure.”
“Those of us who cross the Hood Canal Bridge daily are still gritting our teeth on the graving dock fiasco in Port Angeles, where workers unearthed a few bones in the tidelands during preparation for pontoon construction.”
“That was Hood Canal bridge, and more specifically, Port Angeles, where they found the burial grounds while constructing a graving dock.”
Looking for tweets for graving.