from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of grave.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of cleaning a ship's bottom.
- n. The act or art of carving figures in hard substances, especially by incision or in intaglio.
- n. That which is graved or carved.
- n. Impression, as upon the mind or heart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. . The act of laying in a grave; burial.
- n. The act of engraving, or of cutting lines or figures in metal, stone, wood, etc.
- n. 3. That which is graved or carved; an engraving.
- n. Inscription or impression, as upon the mind or heart.
- n. The act of cleaning a ship's bottom by scraping, burning, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.