from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing or tending to cause sneezing.
- n. A sternutatory substance, such as pepper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That causes or induces sneezing; sternutative.
- n. Any substance that causes sneezing; a sternutator
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sternutative.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing or tending to cause sneezing.
- n. Anything which causes sneezing, as snuff; an errhine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chemical substance that causes sneezing and coughing and crying
- adj. tending to cause sneezing
- adj. causing sneezing
From Latin sternūtātōrius, from sternuō ("sneeze"). (Wiktionary)