from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of republishing.
- n. Something republished.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of publishing again.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A second publication, or a new publication of something before published, as of a former will, of a volume already published, or the like; specifically, the publication in one country of a work first issued in another; a reprint.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of republishing; a new publication of something before published; specifically, the reprint in one country of a work published in another: as, the republication of a book or pamphlet.
- n. In law, a second publication of a former will, usually resorted to after canceling or revoking, or upon doubts as to the validity of its execution, or after the termination of a suggested disability, in order to avoid the labor of drawing a new will, or in order that the will may stand if either the original execution or the republication proves to be valid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of publishing again
- n. something that has been published again; a fresh publication (as of a literary work)
Sorry, no etymologies found.