from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Postponed or delayed: deferred gratification; deferred military draft.
- adj. Withheld until a future date: deferred benefits; a deferred payment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to delay of an action.
- adj. Of or pertaining to yielding to someone else's decision or judgment.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a value that is not realized until a future date, e.g. annuities, charges, taxes, income, either as an asset or liability.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of defer.
Sorry, no etymologies found.