from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not knowledgeable or skilled; inexperienced.
- n. An uninformed, unskilled, or inexperienced person or group of people. Often used with the: "What's the difference, the uninitiated may ask, between eggshell white and wedding gown white?” ( Wall Street Journal).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not having been initiated.
- adj. Of a person, not having the special knowledge of a particular group.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not initiated; deficient in relevant experience
un- + initiated (Wiktionary)