from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not in a profession.
- adj. Not a qualified member of a professional group.
- adj. Not conforming to the standards of a profession: unprofessional behavior.
- adj. Characteristic of an amateur; inexpert.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. unbecoming of a professional; hence inappropriate in the workplace
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not pertaining to one's profession.
- Not belonging to a profession: as, an unprofessional man.
- Not befitting a certain profession or a member of a profession; not in keeping with the rules of a certain profession: as, unprofessional conduct.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession
un- + professional (Wiktionary)