from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being understood: an understandable sentence.
- adj. Expected or accepted under the circumstances: Their anger is understandable, given what happened.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being understood; comprehensible
- adj. Capable of being accepted or excused under the circumstances
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being understood; intelligible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That can be understood; capable of being understood; comprehensible; intelligible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being apprehended or understood
understand + -able (Wiktionary)