from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not having the feathers necessary to fly. Used of a young bird.
- adj. Inexperienced, immature, or untried.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a bird that has yet to develop its wings and feathers and become able to fly
- adj. inexperienced, like a tyro or novice
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not fledged; not feathered; hence, not fully developed; immature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not yet fledged or furnished with feathers.
- Not having attained to full growth or experience; not fully developed; immature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of birds) not yet having developed feathers
- adj. young and inexperienced
- adj. (of an arrow) not equipped with feathers
Sorry, no etymologies found.