from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Rising to a great height.
- adj. Unusually extravagant, affected, or ambitious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characteristic of a highflier
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Extravagant in opinions or ambition.
- adj. Flying at a high altitude; -- of airplanes.
- adj. Having an excessively high cost or perceived value; temporarily very successful; -- of objects with respect to a market and people in their occupations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Extravagant in conduct, aims, or pretensions; having lofty notions; going or carried to extremes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. extravagant or ambitious or extreme in aims or opinions
- adj. moving upward or along at a considerable height
Sorry, no etymologies found.