from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no wings or only rudimentary wings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no, or only rudimentary, wings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no wings; not able to ascend or fly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no wings; hence, unable to fly; technically, in zoology, apterous; not alate; not winged, in any sense.
- In ornithology, specifically, having rudimentary wings, unfit for flight.; impennate or squami-pennate, as any ratite bird or penguin: as, the wingless kiwis (Apterygidæ).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking wings
Sorry, no etymologies found.