American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An individual, organism, or new genetic character arising or resulting from mutation.
- n. Slang One that is suggestive of a genetic mutant, as in bizarre appearance or inaptitude.
- adj. Resulting from or undergoing mutation: a mutant strain of bacteria.
- adj. Slang Suggestive of a genetic mutant.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, said of a perpendicular part the apex of which bends over.
- Of, pertaining to, or by means of mutation.
- n. In biology, a race or an individual organism that has arisen through mutation. See mutation, 8.
- n. Something which has mutated, which has one or more new characteristics from a mutation.
- n. informal Someone or something that seems strange, abnormal, or bizarre.
- adj. That has undergone mutation.
- adj. informal Strange, abnormal, or bizarre.
- n. an animal that has undergone mutation
- adj. tending to undergo or resulting from mutation
- n. (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- Latin mutans, present participle of mutare. (Wiktionary)
- Latin mūtāns, mūtant-, present participle of mūtāre, to change; see mutate. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A sexy certain mutant alligator known as The Gator is stepping out of the shower with nothing but a towel on, dripping wet.”
“Through the story we find out that this mystery mutant is Vulcan and is Cyclops third brother.”
“It kind of made sense that he would be very old, as the healing factor that is his main mutant ability would have kept him from aging much and it had been hinted at before.”
“The mutant is kidnapped, and the two men give chase (revealing their powers in some actions sequences), stumbling across this trading network of mutants.”
“At the age of thirty-four, David, an Los Angelesbased screenwriter specializing in mutant superhero films, is asked to write an autobiographical piece for a trade magazine.”
“If a mutant is not a valid word (defined by looking the word up in a dictionary), then it is immediately culled.”
“Does the stress cause the mutation before the mutant is selected?”
“This mutant is comparatively stable, but it too has been observed to undergo change on two occasions.”
“And if he hadn't shined on the critically acclaimed show, he might not have gotten the chance to play Gambit, a fan favorite superhero who battles Hugh Jackman's title mutant in”
“While the New X-Men duel with Belasco's forces in Limbo an enigmatic girl makes her appearance, but why is she the spitting image of a certain Russian mutant who supposedly died years ago?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mutant’.
pretty open-ended here—terms, ideas, lingo, technologies and phenomena (real or postulated) that are, were, should be or could be used in speculative fiction
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
List as many "super" powers as you can think of! Anything that would be called for example "super strength", please remove the first word and list only the second word Thanks!
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Beings that look human but are not, and powers that people can have.
Odd or mysterious beings.
Also check out the automachine list by drusky.
Looking for tweets for mutant.