from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An organism or cell in which genetic recombination has taken place.
- n. Material produced by genetic engineering.
- adj. Formed by or showing recombination: a recombinant chromosome.
- adj. Of or relating to recombinant DNA: recombinant fragments; recombinant technology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Referring to something formed by combining existing elements in a new combination. Especially in the phrase recombinant DNA referring to an organism created in the lab by adding DNA from another species.
- n. An organism, cell, or haplotype formed by genetic recombination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to recombinant DNA
- n. a cell or organism in which genetic recombination has occurred
Sorry, no etymologies found.