from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a long life: a long-lived aunt.
- adj. Lasting a long time; persistent: a long-lived rumor.
- adj. Functioning a long time; durable: a long-lived light bulb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a long lifespan; surviving for a long period of time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a long life; having constitutional peculiarities which make long life probable; lasting long
- adj. same as long-lasting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a long life or existence; living or lasting long.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing for a long time
Middle English long-lifed : long, long; see long1 + life, life; see life + -ed, having; see -ed3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)