from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See long-horned beetle.
- adj. Having long antennae.
- adj. Of or belonging to the family Cerambycidae, which includes the long-horned beetles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Long-horned.
- adj. Of or relating to the Cerambycidae (longhorn beetles).
- n. One of the Cerambycidae (longhorn beetles).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Long-horned; pertaining to the Longicornia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having long antennæ; specifically, of or pertaining to the Longicornes or Longicornia.
- n. A longicorn beetle; a member of the Longicornia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. long-bodied beetle having very long antennae
From New Latin Longicornia, former group name : Latin longus, long; see longitude + Latin cornū, horn; see ker-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin longus ("long") + cornu ("horn"). Compare French longicorne. (Wiktionary)