from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking experience and the knowledge gained from it; inexperienced.
- adj. Inadequately aged or seasoned; not ripe or mature: unseasoned wood.
- adj. Having no added seasoning: unseasoned meat and carrots.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not seasoned
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not seasoned.
- adj. Untimely; ill-timed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not seasoned; not kept and made fit for use: as, unseasoned wood, etc.
- Not inured; not accustomed; not fitted to endure something by use or habit: as, men unseasoned to tropical climates.
- Not qualified by use or experience; unripe; imperfect.
- Not sprinkled or impregnated with seasoning or what gives relish: as, unseasoned meat.
- Unseasonable; untimely; ill-timed.
- Irregular; intemperate; inordinate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without salt or seasoning
- adj. not aged or processed
- adj. not tried or tested by experience
USATODAY. com - Postseason hopes lie in unseasoned hands
Such "unseasoned" loans form almost 30% of total loans outstanding, the third-highest ratio among Asian countries.
"unseasoned" and questioned whether she should have been McCain's pick.
Joe, to answer your question, most of my batters are unseasoned so there's no flavor distraction (or addition) from the fish.
For once, Washington and Seoul should seize the initiative in 2012 and squeeze Pyongyang's pressure points: the need to confirm the unseasoned successor at home and extort economic concessions from abroad.
If Washington and Seoul can anticipate and prevent North Korea's next provocations, they will pressure the unseasoned successor at home.
Â¾ cup bread crumbs - I like seasoned Italian, but you can use unseasoned, Japanese Panko-style, or even matzo meal.
The Britain's Got Talent alum has struggled with her meteoric rise to fame and still appears to be unseasoned even after over two years of doing this music thing full time.
Trouble is, without dish, snark and gossip, we run the risk of being bland, like an unseasoned dish.
Here's one of my quotes: Success without honor is an unseasoned dish.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.