from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring or done at an inappropriate time; inopportune.
- adj. Occurring too soon; premature: an untimely death.
- adv. Inopportunely.
- adv. Prematurely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. at an inopportune time
- adj. early; premature
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not timely; done or happening at an unnatural, unusual, or improper time; unseasonable; premature; inopportune.
- adv. Out of the natural or usual time; inopportunely; prematurely; unseasonably.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not timely.
- Ill-timed; inopportune; unsuitable; unfitting; improper.
- Happening before the natural time; premature: as, untimely death; untimely fate.
- In other than the natural time; unseasonably.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. badly timed
- adj. uncommonly early or before the expected time
- adv. too soon; in a premature manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.