American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not convenient, especially:
- adj. Not accessible; hard to reach.
- adj. Not suited to one's comfort, purpose, or needs: inconvenient to have no phone in the kitchen.
- adj. Inopportune: Next Tuesday is inconvenient for us.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not convenient. Giving trouble or uneasiness; embarrassing; incommodious; inopportune: as, an inconvenient house; inconvenient customs.
- Unfit; unsuitable; inexpedient.
- Synonyms Troublesome, cumbrous, cumbersome, unwieldy, awkward, unhandy.
- adj. Not convenient.
- n. obsolete An inconsistency, an incongruity.
- n. obsolete An inconvenient circumstance or situation; an inconvenience.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not becoming or suitable; unfit; inexpedient.
- adj. Not convenient; giving trouble, uneasiness, or annoyance; hindering progress or success; uncomfortable; disadvantageous; incommodious; inopportune.
- adj. not suited to your comfort, purpose or needs
- adj. not conveniently timed
- From Middle French inconvenient, from Latin inconvenientem. (Wiktionary)
“If I were Naomi Campell I might well have said I should not have used the word 'inconvenient' in the Charles Taylor trial in the Hague.”
“Biblical scholar and Hebrew expert Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou continues to unearth what she calls "inconvenient truths" about the Bible.”
“His company says the phones could equally be handy for customers who enjoy a good night out and are likely to drop their mobiles in inconvenient places.”
“Poor people, being poor, often can only afford to live in inconvenient neighborhoods that are ill-served by transit.”
“So now, the fact that some find wolves to be inconvenient is not a good reason to have them gone, or at least at minimal numbers, yet again.”
“When the Olympics were held in inconvenient time zones (for me) like LA '84, Seoul' 88, Atlanta '96 I used to stay up into the wee small hours watching track & field events - even the heats let alone the finals.”
“Denying the right to life from a whole class of people because they are inconvenient is equally NOT reasonable, NOT desirable, and NOT necessary.”
“The percentage of books stacked on the floor though inconvenient is minor challenge compared with the title selection they contain.”
“This narrative ignores certain inconvenient facts, chiefly the actuality of the Palestinian people on that same land, a people whose very existence was initially denied in the narrative broadcast to the West: “Israel is a land without people for a people without land” — this represents the rhetorical erasure of an entire swath of humankind.”
“Normally I'd try to stay in the con hotel, but just how inconvenient is it in this case?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘inconvenient’.
have you ever felt, that no matter wh..., it just wasnt you, and that maybe if..., you could be you, but you know it w..., and so you tell y..., tell yourself tha..., but you just keep..., and being like we..., if only i had tha..., that shirt form f... and 43 more...
A list of difficult words for L2-12 learners.
2007 Scripps National Spelling Bee Round 2
The name tells you all you need to know. Words that sound nice or just are nice.
Looking for tweets for inconvenient.