from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Difficult to carry or manage because of size, shape, weight, or complexity: an unwieldy parcel; an unwieldy bureaucracy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. lacking strength; weak
- adj. ungraceful in movement
- adj. difficult to carry, handle, manage or operate because of its size, weight, shape or complexity
- adj. badly managed or operated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not easily wielded or carried; unmanageable; bulky; ponderous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Movable or moving with difficulty; unmanageable from size, shape, or weight; lacking pliability: as, an unwieldy hulk; an unwieldy rock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. difficult to work or manipulate
- adj. difficult to use or handle or manage because of size or weight or shape
- adj. lacking grace in movement or posture
From Middle English unweldi, equivalent to un- + wieldy. Cognate with Middle Low German unweldich ("unwieldy"). (Wiktionary)