from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being probable; probability.
- n. Something probable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The probability of a specified outcome; the chance of something happening; probability; the state of being probable.
- n. Shorthand for likelihood function; the probability that a real world experiment would generate a specific datum, as a function of the parameters of a mathematical model.
- n. Likeness, resemblance.
- n. Appearance, show, sign, expression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Appearance; show; sign; expression.
- n. Likeness; resemblance.
- n. Appearance of truth or reality; probability; verisimilitude.
- n. Statistical probability; probability of being true or of occurring in the future.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being likely or probable; probability; likeliness; promise.
- n. Promising state or appearance; standing; consideration.
- n. That which is probable; a probability; an indication.
- n. Likeness; resemblance; similarity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the probability of a specified outcome
likely + -hood (Wiktionary)