from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To exceed (another) in range: a ballistic missile that outranged all others in its class.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To have a longer range than (another projectile or weapon).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to have a greater range than; -- of guns or missiles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nautical, to outsail; sail ahead of; range by or past.
- To have a longer range than: said of guns.
- To pass or range beyond the borders of, literally or figuratively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. have a greater range than (another gun)
From out- + range. (Wiktionary)