from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To surpass (an opponent) in skill or technique or in scoring points.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To excel or defeat in a game; to play better than.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To excel or defeat in a game; to play better than.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To play better than; outmanæuver; outdo.
- n. In cricket, the play by the out side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. excel or defeat in a game
Sorry, no etymologies found.