American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- abbr. Parent Teacher Organization
- abbr. please turn over
- abbr. power takeoff
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, usually abbreviated USPTO.
- Please turn over (written at the end of the text on a page to say that it continues overleaf)
- Parent teacher organization
- Paid time off
- power take-off, a powered shaft for driving auxiliary equipment.
- n. a device that transfers power from an engine (as in a tractor or other motor vehicle) to another piece of equipment (as to a pump or jackhammer)
“Cir. was established — the PTO is the ultimate repeat player.”
“PTO is basically a review and record-keeping agency.”
“This decision by the PTO is final and not appealable by EchoStar," TiVo said.”
“The acronym PTO is the most popular name, but other common monikers include PCC, PTG, and HSA.”
“One area Rai identifies as problematic is the fee-based system at the PTO, which is skewed so that patentees, in effect, subsidize unsuccessful applicants:”
“While this drop in filings will hurt the PTO's bottom line at some future date, the more immediate problem for the PTO is the rising rate of abandonment.”
“The PTO, which is funded through fees collected from its users, suspended overtime pay for patent examiners effective Sunday and earlier this year instituted a hiring freeze amid a slump in the number of patent applications filed.”
“The media reports make it appear that compaining to the PTO is a "cheap alternative" for an infringer.”
“However, I think the practical effect of this on the PTO could be a potential nightmare.”
“Thus, a higher standard for 112 (2) at the PTO is a good thing, in that indefinite claims are less likely to issue and the public will be able to navigate around the scope with reasonable confidence.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘PTO’.
Looking for tweets for PTO.