from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of belief or faith, especially in religious matters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An absence (or rejection) of belief, especially religious belief
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The withholding of belief; doubt; incredulity; skepticism.
- n. Disbelief; especially, disbelief of divine revelation, or in a divine providence or scheme of redemption.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Incredulity; the withholding of belief; disbelief; especially, disbelief of divine revelation.
- n. Disbelief of the truth of the gospel; distrust of God's promises and faithfulness, etc. Mat. xiii. 58; Mark vi. 6; Heb. iii. 12.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rejection of belief
From un- + belief. (Wiktionary)