from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of narrow.
- n. The part of a stocking that is narrowed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of contracting, or of making or becoming less in breadth or extent.
- n. The part of a stocking which is narrowed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In knitting, the act of reducing the breadth of the work, as by throwing two stitches into one.
- n. The part of the work which has been thus narrowed or contracted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a decrease in width
- n. the act of making something narrower
- adj. becoming gradually narrower
- adj. (of circumstances) tending to constrict freedom
- n. an instance of becoming narrow
Sorry, no etymologies found.