from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acting as a limit.
- adj. Grammar Restricting the range of application of the noun modified.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of limit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. strictly limiting the reference of a modified word or phrase
- adj. restricting the scope or freedom of action
- n. the grammatical relation that exists when a word qualifies the meaning of the phrase
Sorry, no etymologies found.