from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of being relegated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of relegating, or the state of being relegated; removal; banishment; exile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of relegating; banishment: specifically a term in ancient Roman law, and also in ecclesiastical law, and in that of universities, especially in Germany. See relegate, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of assigning (someone or something) to a particular class or category
- n. mild banishment; consignment to an inferior position
- n. authorizing subordinates to make certain decisions
Sorry, no etymologies found.