from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of backslide.
- adj. sliding back
- n. An occasion on which one backslides, especially in a moral sense
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Slipping back; falling back into sin or error; sinning.
- n. The act of one who backslides; abandonment of faith or duty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A falling back in principle or practice; a lapse in or abandonment of religious obligation; apostasy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a failure to maintain a higher state
Sorry, no etymologies found.