from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who operates railroad switches.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who operates railway switches which route trains onto rail tracks.
- n. A person whose job is to help in the switching of railcars in a railway yard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who tends a switch on a railway.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who has charge of one or more switches on a railway; a pointsman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who operates railroad switches
switch + man (Wiktionary)