from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of manipulate; one who manipulates.
- n. A device which can be used to move, arrange or operate something.
- n. A puppeteer, especially one controlling marionettes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who manipulates, sometimes in an underhanded or fraudulent manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who manipulates, in any sense of that word.
- n. An exercising-machine, or a device for rubbing the body.
- n. In photography, a tool for holding a glass plate during preparation or development.
- n. In telegraphy, the transmitter of a dialtelegraph.
- n. A machine for handling hot blooms and billets in iron- and steel-manufacturing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agent that operates some apparatus or machine
- n. a person who handles things manually
to manipulate + -or. (Wiktionary)